Sophie has practiced exclusively in family law for over 7 years, having completed a family-focused training contract at a specialist family law firm. Sophie successfully completed her Solicitors Exempting Law LLB degree in 2012 from Northumbria University at Newcastle.
Sophie qualified in May 2018 and has successfully handled high net worth Divorce and Financial cases and more complex children matters.
Sophie has experience advising clients in a wide range of family matters including a broad spectrum of complex children matters including both public and private issues. Sophie also has experience in dealing with some of the more complex children matters such as removal from jurisdiction and international child abduction, working in conjunction with the International Child Abduction Contact Unit in London.
Since her qualification, Sophie has worked as a Solicitor in West Yorkshire. In 2021, Sophie joined Consilia Legal as an Associate Solicitor wanting to be part of a positive and effective team. The company has gone from strength to strength including the launch of a new mediation website offering all services across the spectrum.
- Divorce and Separation including contested Divorces
- Complex Financial settlements ( including those of an international element, business interests, and pension provision)
- Children Disputes ( including grandparents rights, those caring for children that do not have parental responsibility, and those of an international element)
- Same-sex relationships and disputes
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Post Nuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Statutory Declarations including marriage abroad, passports, change of name, and other associated matters)
- Domestic violence and injunctive remedy
Sophie is a member of Resolution (which is an organisation made up of legal professionals committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes) and encourages matters to be dealt with using a non-inflammatory approach.
Sophie has been praised for her ability to approach matters with logical and practical consideration together with a tailored service to meet your individual needs. Sophie provides the support necessary to obtain a positive outcome in what can be a very stressful time for the client. She employs a range of solutions to each scenario to best suit the client and their needs.
In her spare time, Sophie enjoys competing in endurance running races around Yorkshire and spending time with friends and family.